It's about...making a difference
It's about...adding value
We are currently seeking an Account Executive- Retirement Services for our NY Midtown or Westchester Retirement Sales and Service Office. In this role, you will use your dynamic presentation skills, relationship building experience, retirement plan knowledge, bilingual Spanish speaking skills, and problem solving abilities to conduct enrollment/education meetings for retirement plan participants.
In this critical role, you are the face of The Principal to your client group and will act as a liaison between your client and the company with the focus on continuing to provide superior service.
What's in it for you?
The ability to work with a BEST IN CLASS organization that has the known reputation for providing quality service to their clients.
The opportunity to build and maintain RELATIONSHIPS with your clients which include RETIREMENT PLAN PARTICIPANTS , PLAN SPONSORS, FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVES, and, in a client facing environment.
The ability to make a difference in the retirement readiness for employees in this region.
The opportunity to IDENTIFY and MAKE recommendations that are beneficial to your clients' needs during quarterly/annual review process
Personal growth opportunities in a successful regional office.
The ability retain and grow the business in a TEAM environment.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Bilingual with Spanish language
- 2-4 years work related experience within the financial svcs industry which would include the following type of experience: retirement plan client relationship management, retirement plan participant education experience, or related experience working with financial representatives
- Active FINRA Series 6 OR Active FINRA Series 7 required up front; additional licensing will be required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance with current licensing policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and explain technical information to a variety of audience
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, decision-making and multitasking skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and be able to use independent judgment
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel (70% - 80%), including some occasional overnight stay within the identified territory (Tri-State territory).
- 4+ years of related work experience within the retirement industry
- Experience conducting retirement plan enrollment meetings
- Active FINRA Series 7, Series 63/Series 65 and or Series 66, and Life and Health licensing
preferred up front
- Multiple retirement plan type experience (e.g. Defined contribution, defined benefit, non-qualified, non-profit, employee stock ownership)
*This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Because of the nature of the duties of this position, a FIRNA/Insurance licensing check and driving record check are also required.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Willing to consider at higher level with appropriate qualifications and experience.
This position could be located in either our Midtown NY Office or Westchester NY office.