|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Job Location(s):||Port Washington, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Experience:||2 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Business Ops - Purchasing and Materials|
|Location||Port Washington, NY, US|
|Organization Name||7565 Bruckner Supply Company|
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistics services. 2011 annual sales were approximately $6.13 billion. The company employs approximately 7,300 people, maintains relationships with over 17,000 suppliers, and serves over 100,000 customers worldwide. Customers include industrial and commercial businesses, contractors, governmental agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates eight fully automated distribution centers and over 400 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
|The Buyer places and authorizes purchase orders within assigned limits. Expedites orders, tracks deliveries, resolves shipping errors, and maintains accurate records following established guidelines.|
* Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
* May negotiate materials, equipment and supplies from suppliers.
* Follow up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery and communicate delivery information to impacted WESCO departments.
* Maintain accurate purchasing, pricing and cost data on applicable company systems.
* Enter purchase orders based on purchasing procedures and decisions made using WESCO purchasing system reports and inventory classification of the data. Enter purchase orders for special order items entered onto all of the distribution centers. Ship material from other Distribution Centers by using the shared inventory.
* Ensure that all electronic data interchange, automated stock replenishment, and faxed orders reach the supplier.
* Review daily supplier shipping error notices and take appropriate action.
* Review quarterly excess/obsolete inventory reports and negotiate with suppliers to obtain return goods authorizations on excess material.
* Coordinate product replacements and product recalls.
* Review all unit of measure problems.
* Assist the Purchasing Manager with evaluating supplier performance related to on-time delivery, fill rates and errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
* Comply with WESCO standard policies, procedures, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and quality control processes. Understand and support ISO standards and support WESCO procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective and preventative action, and control of quality records.
Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures in the electrical industry
* Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers, and competitors
* Knowledge of business performance measures
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong computer skills, including purchasing and inventory management systems, programs and reports
* Ability to exercise judgment
Minimum of 3 years of purchasing experience
Minimum of 2 years of electrical supply experience
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
|How To Apply|
Press "Apply Now" below.
|Country||United States of America|
|United States of America|