Training Schedule and Shift After Training: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Processes cardholder/merchant dispute transactions within multiple networks and federal rules and regulations.
General duties and responsibilities:
* Learns or remains current on Visa and MasterCard and other network rules and regulations, federal and state regulations, and internal procedures that affect chargeback dispute processing.
* Handles all aspects of the dispute process in compliance with networks, federal and state rules and regulations.
* Reviews, researches and initiates the resolution of dispute inquiries from cardholdrers, financial institutions, merchants and internal departments. Disputes that are not processed efficiently and effectively can result in financial loss for FIS and/or merchants.
* Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations in resolving billing errors.
* Responds to telephone inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, and merchants regarding disputes.
* When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
* Handles/resolves non-posted items, retrieval projects and authorization chargebacks.
* Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards and adherence to schedule.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
General knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Knowledge of Visa/MasterCard operating rules and regulations and federal and state regulations
* Knowledge of processes and procedures that affect credit, debit and pre-paid debit dispute processing
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Computer navigation and operation skills
* Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
Intermediate role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Performs chargeback/dispute resolution processing and handles dispute inquiries. Questions and issues are predominantly routine but associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Assists with resolving chargeback-related issues within the department. Communicates with agencies concerning chargeback processing. May coach and share information with associates with less experience and/or expertise. Works under close to general supervision with little latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers and team leads to learn through experience. Typically authorized to make decisions regarding items of more than $500 without receiving approval from a team lead or supervisor. Typically requires a minimum of two years of customer service experience . Previous experience in credit, debit or fraud functions and in financial services are required. Previous chargeback experience is preferable.