|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Community Recovery Director, Hurricane Recovery Program (New York)|
|Company:||American Red Cross|
|Job Location(s):||New York, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours (i.e. shift):||Variable|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||10 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Social Services/Community, Management and Supervision|
|Job Title:||Community Recovery Director, Hurricane Recovery Program (New York)|
|Area of Interest:||Case Management|
The American Red Cross is seeking an experienced community organizer/ mobilizer with supervisory and program management experience to coordinate community convening and problem solving around Superstorm Sandy recovery and resilience building.
The Community Recovery Director will lead community recovery efforts in a geographically defined area under the direction of chapter leadership. The Director will utilize an established strategy to develop and/or participate with Long Term Recovery Committees, Unmet Needs committees, and other coalitions of community leaders and stakeholders that will then identify and act on recovery priorities.
* Direct, coordinate, manage community recovery staff. Produce plans and reports as required.
* Working in partnership with community leaders and stakeholders to
* Conduct community assessments to understand the impact of the storm, response and recovery efforts to date, and assess the gaps between needs and resources;
* Conduct strategic planning for community recovery interventions and facilitate meetings and broker action among multiple community sectors;
* Manage and direct outreach activities such as establishing contacts and attending community meetings;
* Direct the establishment and maintaining effective working relationships with community agencies, schools, businesses, various levels of government and the general public;
* Monitoring progress through collecting data- both qualitative and quantitative.
**Duration of this position is 1 year, with a possible 6 month extension.
Bachelor's degree, though Master's degree preferred. 10 years related experience with 3-5 years in a supervisory role. Extensive experience in working at the local community level. Experience leading the planning and implementation phases of community projects. Ability to work with diverse opinions and reach consensus. Understanding of disaster recovery preferred. Knowledge of local community required. Ability to follow prescribed procedures. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to be flexible and multi-task. Good organizational skills are a must. Good team player. Must possess cultural sensitivity.
|Chapter Code - Chapter Description: |
If this is a Chapter Position then select the Chapter - Chapter Description
|Full Time / Part Time:||Full Time|
|Percentage of Travel:|