Construction Manager (Eng)
ALB3282 - AdvTech ToolInstall EastCoast Ops - Albany
Contract / Regular Full-Time
The Construction Manager will be responsible for coordinating single or multi-disciplined projects of small to medium size.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage construction projects by effectively utilizing contractor resources to provide a finished product that meets all aspects of the engineering specifications and design. This requires the candidate to be able to coordinate and supervise the construction process from concept to completion.
- Interface with clients on project development and during construction.
- Perform field cost estimating as required.
- Direct the completion of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Work with AHJ officials during the permitting process and ensure that all applicable inspections are completed during construction. Able to perform inspection services as required.
- Meet with clients and contractors and conduct project reviews.
- Direct project closeout activities at project completion.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Engineering; Construction Management; Engineering; or related field.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience within the construction industry.
- Previous construction experience with emphasis on industrial manufacturing facilities is strongly preferred. Cleanroom construction experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Project; AutoCAD
- Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion.
- Ability to work in a customer-focused, team-based environment .
- Understanding and skills in assessing a customer's requirements/needs in the field.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Some travel may be necessary.
About SSOE Group
As the 11th largest engineering, architectural, and construction management firm (Building Design + Construction), one of Inc. magazine's fastest growing firms (2012), and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 60-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, solar / photovoltaic, government, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries. SSOE has completed projects in more than 30 countries.
- Privately owned
- ISO 9001 certified
- Focus on long term relationships resulting in 85% repeat business
- Multidisciplined LEED Accredited Professionals
- Frontrunner in the practical utilization of Building Information Modeling
- 97% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 124% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years