OMNISEC International Investigations, Inc., a subsidiary of OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation, is seeking to fill immediate openings for Contract Investigators.
A Contract Investigator works for us on an as needed basis and no hours are guaranteed. We prefer Contractors to be available to work a minimum of ten hours per week where work is available.
This opportunity covers the following geographic area: Rochester, NY
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct federal background investigations in compliance with all laws, and other required federal agency regulations.
- Throughout the geographic area of responsibility local travel to various places of employment, residence, and education institutions when cases become available.
- Some voluntary, temporary duty assignments in other areas of the country (typically 2-4 weeks at a time) are possible.
- Engage in dialogue on a regular basis with managers and representatives at contractor facilities, various U. S. Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Obtain factual information from a variety of personal and record sources to produce a report of investigation, containing all pertinent facts, of an individual's background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Adapt to changing situations and environments as they occur and be able to interact with people from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and exhibit professional demeanor in all situations.
- Work load based on availability of cases in geographic area.
- Minimum three years experience conducting general investigations as a local, state, military or federal law enforcement agent OR must have current credentials to conduct background investigations for U.S. Government security clearances, four year degree, and have completed an approved investigator training program.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail.
- Must be able to pass a U.S. Government Background Investigation for required clearance and be willing to undergo a lifestyle polygraph.
Rochester, New York, United States