Customer Service Agent Asst - 090218
Under direct supervision, invoices and audits service business billings and contract related service orders. Actively participates in accounts receivable activities such as collections and new customer authorizations. Provides back up customer call handling, as needed.
1. Responsible for service invoicing. Reviews financial systems for billable charges not posted to service orders. Escalate issues to appropriate individuals for timely follow-up as required. Uses knowledge of JCI Service Business offerings to review and interpret reported work in order to complete billing and/or escalation decisions. May require direct interaction with customers for follow-up to secure purchase orders or to meet special invoicing conditions.
2. Researches and reconciles unaligned costs, such as labor hours, material purchases, expenses and other service ticket job related transactions.
3. May prepare and submit service billings in a special invoice format as defined by individual customer account special handling requirements.
4. Works with Accounts Receivables contact to assist with resolution of Labor & Materials A/R issues. Determines appropriate actions for timely resolution. If needed, will interact with Customer to resolve receivable issues. Processes invoice credits and re-bills, as necessary. Proactively contacts customers ensure customer satisfaction and a commitment to pay.
5. Updates and retains customer account information related to special billing conditions, tax status, invoice approval contacts, billing addresses and special billing rates up-to-date.
6. Provide additional service administration support, as required.
Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external clients. Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals. Experience and/or basic project accounting or costing principals is desired.
Associate's degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required, plus three to five years of related work experience, preferably within a service / sales, or technical work environment. Must have proficient computer skills within the following applications: Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, ACCESS, Desktop Publishing and Internet business application usage. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently and demonstrate solid organizational and attention to detail skills.