|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||District Sales Manager|
|Company:||G&K Services Company|
|Job Location(s):||Marcy, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision, Sales - Management|
District Sales Manager-294279
The District Sales Manager is responsible for 100% attainment of the territory*s annual goals and sales plans. They are expected to lead Major Account Representatives (MAR) and Territory Sales Representatives (TSR) to achieve targeted sales volume, profitability, product mix, and margin goals via the territory and major account sales channels. Further, they are responsible for recruiting and hiring top sales talent; implementing a targeted prospecting plan; training and coaching; coordinating with location management for transition of new accounts; and building positive working relationships with the sales team, the location*s management team, and local business leaders. The District Sales Manager is accountable to the Regional Director of Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides field coaching to TSRs and MARs, provides support for the CCS process; accompanies sales reps on calls to evaluate techniques; assists in closing key accounts.
- Ensures compliance and execution of sales initiatives by continuously reviewing, monitoring sales plans, sales reporting information, key statistics and directing sales activities.
- Ensures key account penetration through ongoing research and information-gathering regarding the marketplace and competitive situations, strategizing, initial sales calls and sales staff assignments.
- Leads the recruiting, interviewing and hiring efforts of sales personnel utilizing the Targeted Selection interviewing process and Caliper Profile and ensures training of sales reps via the SmartStart program.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans with Director of Sales in his/her region.
- Leads focused, effective weekly sales meetings with clearly documented objectives, and summarizes meeting results and action plans.
- Coordinates with Marketing to ensure effective follow-up on marketing activities; develops generated leads into prospects and closes sales.
- Coordinates with the Director of Sales to implement and support all company-sponsored sales initiatives and new products.
- Coordinates with General Managers through regular strategy meetings towards smooth customer *hand offs* and transition periods.
- Develops and manages to annual sales expense and capital budgets with the Regional Director of Sales.
- Actively participates in the Regional Vice President and Regional Director of Sales meetings.
- Ensures effective management and utilization of Siebel database; directs SDCs to ensure up-to-date sales tools and information for sales team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales or Marketing preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-7 Years sales leadership experience with focus on new account acquisition. Large or major account selling experience
- Successfully recruited, developed and retained talent. Achieved 100% of individual and team sales goals
- Successfully implemented systems, processes and plans. Worked effectively in a fast-growing organization. Experienced in creatively solving problems and eliminating barriers
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Persuasive communication, presentation and sales skills. Creative problem solving skills. Strong skills in building and developing a team. Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Proven ability to coach and develop sales representatives.
- Action-oriented and motivated to move expeditiously and meet aggressive sales goals through people.
- Effectively lead and facilitate business meetings.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES etc.:
- Ability to successfully complete the G & K Smart Start Training Program (required).
- Must possess valid driver*s license, and have the ability to obtain/maintain a vehicle through G & K*s automobile reimbursement program
- Must provide annual proof of auto insurance that complies with requirements included in G & K*s automobile reimbursement program
Primary LocationUS-New York-Marcy-Marcy-209