Domestic Specialist I - JFK00006998
CEVA Logistics, one of the world's leading supply chain companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 51,000 employees are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors. CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network, with a presence in over 170 countries. For the year ending 31 December 2011, the Group reported revenues of 6.9 billion EUR. We operate nationally throughout the U.S. with opportunities throughout the nation. Our Americas Region headquarters are located in Houston, TX.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Job Summary and Mission
Provide clerical support to the local domestic department including data entry, document preparation/distribution and station filing/record keeping. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Track shipments by interfacing with airlines/truck lines.
- Prepare documents for shipping.
- Provide customer service.
- Prepare billing receipts.
- Pull backup for collections and other stations.
- Maintain and monitor systems entry.
Summary of Experience and Education
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Less than one year related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read, comprehend and write basic correspondence.
- Effectively present information one-on-one or in small group situations.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional certification may be required in some areas.