|Company:||Briggs & Stratton Corporation|
|Job Location(s):||Munnsville, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||1 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Engineering - General, Engineering - Electrical|
|Job Requisition ID:||MG11954|
|Job Title:||Engineer I/II/III|
Position Summary: Under immediate supervision perform tasks that are generally routine and instructions are usually detailed. Assist in more advanced functions as part of training and development.
1. Conduct standard tests to resolve customer concerns/problems and prepare technical reports on results
2. Perform a variety of tasks to gain familiarity with many types of product applications company products and organization
3. May oversee the work of lower level technical support personnel
4. Perform specific and limited portions of more complex assignments for higher-level product engineers
5. Solve basic engineering problems using existing methods and/or software
6. Compile and analyze test results formulate conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
7. Job may require travel of a scheduled or urgent nature to review applications discuss problems etc.
8. Obtain a working knowledge of manufacturing processes
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
Job Skills Requirements:
* Know and use fundamental concepts practices and procedures of engineering (sketching drawing designs test methods measurement and test equipment writing test procedures using standard engineering analysis techniques etc.)
* Basic knowledge of engineering related computer systems/capabilities
* Good interpersonal skills to interact with and motivate a diverse group of people
* Solid written and verbal communication skills for giving presentations and creating technical documents
* Technical knowledge in the area of general focus preferred
* Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
* Minimum of one year of professional engineering experience preferred
* Previous co-operative education or internship program participation helpful
Briggs & Stratton Corporation headquartered in Milwaukee Wisconsin is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America's number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers and is a leading designer manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity Snapper Ferris and Murray brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed manufactured marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race sex age color creed religion national origin ancestry marital status disability veteran status or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women for persons with disabilities and for covered veterans.
Briggs & Stratton is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.