At C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. our roots run deep. In 1905, Charles Henry Robinson started a small produce brokerage that developed the traditions and standards of service that shaped the Fortune 500 Company we are today. As a global provider of multimodal transportation and produce services, we are headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and operate through a network of 7,150 employees in more than 218 offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, and South America. We are the largest third party logistics (3PL) company in North America, and our services extend to more than 25,000 customers globally, ranging from other Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in a variety of industries.
Our people are our greatest asset and create a unique corporate culture that has built strong relationships with customers around the world. They execute our tradition of service on a daily basis and take pride in sustaining our dynamic leadership in the transportation logistics industry. You'll feel the energy the moment you step into one of our branches. That energy is what inspires us to find motivated individuals to join us in our quest to find solutions, develop innovative technology, and provide exceptional service to our customers.
If you want to be part of an integral and progressive industry, consider an ENTRY-LEVEL position on our Logistics Sales Team. You will first become a transportation and logistics expert. This means learning the ins-and-outs of the industry from the experts, your team members. Armed with the ability to help businesses of all sizes to improve the efficiency and cost of transportation, you'll be helping existing clients get their products from point A to point B. Using our extensive base of carrier services you will put together a plan for each client. This requires figuring out the best way to solve your clients tough supply chain problems and then negotiating the best deals with one of over 35,000 carriers under contract with CHRW. You will then implement your solution, and handle the day-to-day challenges that are presented in the transportation industry.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Negotiate on a high level
- Book trucks on loads in a profitable, efficient manner
- Maintain daily tracking sheets on loads booked and profit earned
- Set monthly goals, track goals and report goals to group
- Perform business reviews with carriers
- Take an active role in planning for branch growth and personal improvement
- Ultimately responsible to add carrier capacity to branch and to grow business
The required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be goal oriented and self motivated
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to effectively communicate at many levels
- Must be able to handle repetitive work without losing interest
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere
- Competitive attitude is a must
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer