|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Company:||Granite Construction Incorporated|
|Job Location(s):||Tarrytown, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||7 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Admin - Secretarial and Office Mgmt, Admin - Receptionist/Clerical|
|Position Title :||Executive Assistant|
|Requisition Number :||3419582|
|Location :||Tarrytown, NY|
|Building a career at Granite, may be the most valuable thing you could do |
Since 1922 Granite Construction has built some of America's largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other heavy civil projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At Granite, we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!
This position is responsible for managing the administrative functions for one or more executive Vice Presidents including the execution of her/his day to day operations, acting as a liaison to senior management and coordinating special projects to ensure the department runs efficiently and executive is relieved of administrative duties.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Under limited supervision perform a variety of complex and specialized administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the office run efficiently and professionally.
2. Draft, edit and distribute correspondence for executive's signature to ensure timely and accurate communications.
3. Prepare and coordinate presentations and briefing material, of a highly confidential nature, for use at Board meetings and Sr. Management meetings to ensure accurate and comprehensible presentations.
4. Coordinating meetings and monitor project progress for the executive to ensure project deadlines are met.
5. Assist other department managers with questions and serve as key contact to ensure all requests are responded to in a timely manner.
6. Manage and coordinate departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting.
7. Serve as the point person for all telephone and mail inquiries for the executive to ensure all matters of significance are brought to their attention and that outstanding customer service is provided to all customers and the public.
8. Assist department managers or other staff with their daily functions to ensure department goals are achieved and staff is notified of important information.
* Associates Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* 7+ years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience, preferably at least 2 at the executive level.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
* Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
* Project management skills
* Strong customer service focus - deal effectively with all unsatisfied customers while practicing effective listening skills to resolve difficult situations.
* Demonstrated high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
* Exceptional problem solving skills with consistent follow through
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to adapt quickly to changes in direction
* Ability to work well with all levels of staff as well as external customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Team player.
* Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
Granite Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.