Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
To SACS, advocacy and education are intertwined-victory on one front advances the other and success at either is not possible without the other.
The External Affairs department at Success Academy Charter Schools is a critical component in the drive to achieve the organization's dual mission by building coalitions, influencing the press, battling opponents of reform and redistributing resources. SACS creates new public policies, and speaks out and up on what is good for teaching and learning. Grassroots community-building and parent support/mobilization are key elements in SACS's advocacy strategy.
The External Affairs department is seeking an intelligent, resourceful and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant will support all members of the team. This is an exciting chance to work with a highly motivated team committed to education reform, educational choice and the building of exemplary schools. You will gain valuable experience working alongside the External Affairs team as we work to change the face of public education.
- Providing administrative support to the External Affairs Team
- Assisting with the day-to-day, including document preparation, scheduling, team coordination, database management, fact-checking, and some research and analysis
- Tracking expenses and preparing expense reports
- Typing, editing, and proofreading documents
- Assist with event planning and logistics
- Providing as-needed support to team members
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor's Degree and a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm. The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Customer service orientation. Employing diplomacy in all interactions.
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Oral and written communication. Comfort addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor. Audiences include government officials, vendors, school staff, parents, and students.
- Strategic Problem Solving. Ability to think logically through every step of a project
- Speed, Precision, and Accuracy: Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with speed, precision and accuracy.
- Extraordinary Attention to Detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Collaboration. Working with teammates and responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent External Affairs Administrative Assistant at Success Academy. It should outline how your organizational skills will help you keep a super busy External Affairs Team on task, and why you are interested in working for an organization that is front and center in pushing to create equal access for all children.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.