* Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Finishing Technician to work in the Saratoga Springs, NY plant. The position will include on-the-job and/or technical classroom training.
This is your opportunity to enhance your skills working with the industry's most advanced printing equipment. Plus, with a tradition of innovation, history of strength, and supportive culture behind you, your career will be primed for advancement. The Finishing Technician is an entry level position within our Bindery department. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Understand standard operating procedures of the department and follow them consistently
- Responsible for own safety and promoting and maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Responsible for feeding pockets and down piling product on the machine
- Straighten & align paper signatures
- Correctly load feeder pockets with signatures
- Inspect & stack final product
- Consumption/assignment of all press/supplied product load flags at end of job
- Routing, staging, and documenting of product moved from machine
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor, department, or management
Additional Job Board Text
- Willingness to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 years of solid work history in the last three years is required.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is required.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience in the last 3 years is required.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace