Freight Handler Forklift Operator II
CEVA Logistics, one of the world's leading supply chain companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 51,000 employees are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors. CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network, with a presence in over 170 countries. For the year ending 31 December 2011, the Group reported revenues of 6.9 billion EUR. We operate nationally throughout the U.S. with opportunities throughout the nation. Our Americas Region headquarters are located in Houston, TX.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Job Summary and Mission
Manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack, hand truck or forklift, general labor, and warehouse maintenance. Take full charge of the assigned receiving area. Know the proper location and receiving process for all accounts.
Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive cargo from incoming trucks by removing from truck by hand, or by using manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack, or by using forklift.
- Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received, knowing when to either refuse or accept with notation.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Sort cargo received by account or intended location, and store in proper location.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
Summary of Experience and Education
- High school education or GED preferred.
- One to three years related experience.
- Minimum one year industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Licenses and Certifications
- Forklift Driver Certification
- Valid state issued driver's license preferred.