* Experience in business-to-business sales to Public Sector, Government, Education and/or Healthcare accounts.
* Minimum of three years of proven, successful experience in outside sales, with an emphasis on selling direct to end users.
* Possess the business acumen to position the Grainger solution as a strategic advantage for our customers. Account Managers must be able to clearly articulate business drivers, balance sheets, and total cost of ownership concepts with executives and decision makers.
* Ability to establish and expand relationships with key executives and decision makers within each customer organization in the territory.
* Results driven - documented success in exceeding sales goals or objectives.
* Strong process discipline - ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop territory revenue.
* Experience in developing strategic plans and accurate forecasts for territory and accounts.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience is highly desired, but not required.
* Experience with government accounts is a plus.
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer