Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child, teaching chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking an ambitious Grants Manager to join our deadline-driven Development team. S/he should have the ability to hit the ground running of a forward driving, entrepreneurial, education reform organization seeking to obliterate the achievement gap in New York City.
- Understand the mission of Success Academy Charter Schools and use that knowledge to determine which grants to pursue and how to draft the message
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals for public, foundation, and corporate grants
- Research new government and private funding prospects including corporations and prepare executives for meetings with key stakeholders
- Identify promising funding sources for specific projects, programs and other needs
- Engage program officers at funding organizations in order to solicit invitations to submit proposals
- Work closely with colleagues to learn about projects that could be funded through grants
- Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Review and revise the budgets of projects seeking funding
- Maintain close contact with organizations during their review of a submitted grant application
- Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities
- Ensure compliance with all grant/contract reporting processes
- Cultivate relationships with important stakeholders, foundation officers, and other prospects to visit Success Academy Charter Schools
- Maintain current records in database and paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Understanding of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confidence in communicating across a wide variety of platforms, including electronic, written, and in-person solicitations and presentations
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated track record in the following aspects of nonprofit fundraising: annual planning, major donor fundraising, donor services, foundation, and government grant writing, funding collaborative initiatives, corporate funding, planned giving, and special events management
Our ideal Grants Manager has experience with educational grants, a keen eye for detail and impeccable judgment. S/he has the capability of managing the grant writing process from start to finish.
Please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.