|Job Title||HR Manager located in Port Washington, NY|
|Location||Port Washington, NY, US|
|Organization Name||7105 Human Resources - USA|
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistics services. 2011 annual sales were approximately $6.13 billion. The company employs approximately 7,300 people, maintains relationships with over 17,000 suppliers, and serves over 100,000 customers worldwide. Customers include industrial and commercial businesses, contractors, governmental agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates eight fully automated distribution centers and over 400 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
Partner with HR colleagues and business leadership on the talent review and succession planning processes including identification of high potentials and identification of development opportunities which includes special projects, lateral and upward movement.
- Work with business on strategic workforce design and collaborate with Talent Acquisition. Assists with the strategies for recruiting, staffing and management training program to meet headcount models and goals.
- Support the diversity efforts in the organization.
- Facilitate the performance review cycle, ensure that the process is understood. Monitor progress throughout the cycle.
- Understanding of compensation programs. Support the organization and partner to facilitate compensation decisions.
- Leadership role in change and culture management initiatives that result from acquisition or divestiture, employee engagement survey or other change initiatives.
- Utilizes HR metrics to make effective HR related decisions. Use metrics to understand trends and make recommendations to business leaders.
- Resolution of issues and problems using independent judgment and discretion.
Advises and assists business unit managers to ensure consistent application and compliance with HR programs, policies and procedures.
Work with Human Resources, Operations and Senior Management to ensure compliance with labor and employment related requirements, negotiate and interpret collective bargaining agreements and manage arbitrations. Develop labor and employment law training. Provides support, counsel and direction on employee relations investigations, the disciplinary process, and grievance and/or arbitration procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to quickly understand industry, competitors, customers and business strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong business partner relationships. An ability to influence all levels of management on human resources, business issues and decisions and be able to transfer it to HR strategy and results.
- Operational knowledge in the areas of staffing, rewards/recognition, talent development, and organization development.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills are necessary to actively communicate with all levels of management, staff, outside agencies and customers to drive business results.
- Strategic planning, creative and innovative thinking skills, along with high intellect and sound judgment with a track record of getting results. Ability to multi task.
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills. The ability to execute large-scale initiatives in a complex, matrix environment while maintaining focus on the business and its customers.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting.
- Employment law knowledge with multi-state compliance.
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and competing priorities.
- An understanding of culture and change management and how to integrate talent management into an organization's strategic objectives.
- Ability to support multiple locations and be able to travel 30% of the time.
- Proficient at delivering presentations in small to medium size audiences.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive HR generalist experience. Multi-state/international experiences a must.
Proficient in MS Office - Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Minimum of 2 years experience with an HRIS system
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
|How To Apply|
Press "Apply Now" below.
|Country||United States of America|
|United States of America|