|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||IT Data Center Projects Specialist (focus on IT hardware)|
|Job Location(s):||Orangeburg, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||4 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||IT - General, Telecommunications|
|This is a 3rd Shift Position (approx 10pm to 6:30am) This candidate will provide technical coordination and project support for Open Systems and Mainframe systems deployment projects. Perform space and network planning analysis with IT Systems Engineering project managers as needed. Candidates must be able to independently plan power utilization of servers within individual racks and the data center environment as a whole within the context of the project scopes identified by the project managers. Candidates will maintain auditable schedules, operational logs and journals on all events as required for PCI and SOX compliance requirements. Candidate will be expected to be able to independently manage their performance of the majority of these requirements. The data center is operated 24/7/365 and the Candidate is expected to be flexible in supporting the needs of the business including shift and weekend coverage. Additionally, Candidate must be willing to work in a team environment and collaborate towards finding the best solutions to meet the business objectives. A successful candidate will have responsibility for leading and/or providing direct support for medium to large scaled data center technical projects, with average to high level of complexity. This person will independently perform detailed analysis, resolve problems and monitor systems or processes to pro-actively prevent problems from occurring. The individual may perform some technical evaluation of products. Strong business knowledge of change control policies, compliance, regulatory, life safety/risk assessment, methods and processes is instrumental. This candidate must understand the basics of operational availability and the risks and threats to computers and networks, from activities associated with change control, installation, and maintenance of servers in a production data center. Candidate should have knowledge of NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace associated with the safe operation of mission critical data centers. This is particularly important to apply these guidelines when candidate oversees third party maintenance related activities. The candidate should have a good knowledge of the issues associated with various data center related environmental systems, in order to independently direct appropriate responses to abnormal conditions. This candidate must fully understand the business, use their skill sets to benefit the organization as a whole and ensure that all project deadlines are met or completed within timely fashion. This will include actively investigating the latest in power distribution and cooling principles, energy efficient operational strategies, and trends for continuous operations for data centers.|
|5+yrs working in a large data center implementing IT hardware. |
* Excellent knowledge of IT systems infrastructure (e.g. Cooling, electrical and emergency systems) and consolidation strategies.
* BS degree in related area or equivalent experience.
* Possesses technical skills (basic knowledge of networking, operating systems, web technology, mainframe, etc) or demonstrates aptitude to learn them.
* Demonstrates strong technical and interpersonal skills. Has knowledge of standards and procedures. Demonstrates significant subject matter expertise and business knowledge.
* Performs medium to size technical tasks with average to high level of complexity. Performs detailed analysis, resolves problems, and monitors to proactively prevent problems from occurring. May perform some technical evaluation of products.
* Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision, except on complex matter requiring higher level technical expertise; occasionally leads staff members and peers.
* Demonstrates excellent ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and independently make decisions to positively impact the business utilizing established guidelines.
* Excellent technical and/or analytical skills
* PC and desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, e-mail, etc.)
* In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts, security policies and overall business knowledge Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. 4+ years of relevant experience. Strong knowledge of methodology, tools, standards and procedures. Subject matter expertise and strong business knowledge. Excellent technical/analytical skills (e.g., systems design) and/or strong programming and design skills. Working knowledge of project management concepts In depth knowledge of information systems concepts. Excellent interpersonal skills Strong decision-making and leadership abilities Strong organizational and problem solving abilities Excellent verbal and written communication skills
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.|