Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking a talented, resourceful and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our Legal Team. The Administrative Assistant will support all members of the legal team. This is an exciting chance to work with a highly motivated team committed to education reform, educational choice and the building of exceptional schools. You will gain valuable experience working alongside the Legal Team to change the face of public education.
- Providing administrative support to the Legal Team,
- Assisting with the day-to-day - including document preparation, tracking and scheduling, and some research,
- Tracking expenses and preparing expense reports,
- Typing, editing, and proofreading documents, and
- Providing as-needed support to team members.
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Ideal candidates have 0-2 years of experience, with high level of professionalism and enthusiasm. Please note that this is not a legal or paralegal position, but an administrative role supporting our legal team, with opportunity for growth.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Customer service orientation. Employing diplomacy in all interactions.
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Oral and written communication. Comfortable addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor.
- Strategic Problem Solving. Ability to think logically through every step of a project.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team.
- Speed, Precision, and Accuracy: Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with speed, precision and accuracy.
- Extraordinary Attention to Detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Collaboration. Working with teammates and responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Legal Administrative Assistant at Success Academy. It should outline how your organizational skills will help you keep a very busy Legal Team on task, and why you are interested in working for an organization that manages public charter schools.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and excellent opportunities for professional growth.