Are you results-oriented and client focused with excellent attention to detail? Are you looking for a challenge to launch your career in the insurance field? If yes, we could be your place to shine! We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Insurance Intern to be an integral member in the Major Broker Division based in our New York office.
In this position you will have the exciting opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled and extremely professional team. You will be challenged with a number of key duties, and will be given the opportunity to interact, coordinate and build relationships with various internal and external customers. This opportunity will provide you with an excellent stepping-stone for future growth within the company.
If you have drive, determination, a positive attitude, the willingness to learn and a desire to continue and grow your insurance career, we want to talk with you! Please read further for the complete job description.
Perform a range of duties critical to the functioning of the division.
- Create/Update new & existing prospects in Salesforce CRM
- Clear accounts using Patriot Protector to ensure that QBE is compliant with the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury (OFAC)
- Create and maintain underwriting client files
- Prepare underwriting quotes and binders
- Communicate and follow-up with brokers to request additional information
- Setup policies and endorsements for processing
- Processing Conditional and Non-Renewal Notices
- Provide general support to underwriters including Rating Modeling and preparation of underwriting documentation.
- Assist with follow up on loss sensitive documents & monitor receipt of collateral using tracking tool
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Pure Science, Computer Science or Insurance
- Course work or relevant experience with demonstrated achievements
- Knowledge of personal computers and related software skills
- Proficient abilities related to mathematical reasoning, analyzing, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Effective time management skills
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now.
The companies of QBE the Americas are committed to equal employment opportunities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.