Material Handler I - 11384-MH 2013-01
CEVA Logistics, one of the world's leading supply chain companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 51,000 employees are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors. CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network, with a presence in over 170 countries. For the year ending 31 December 2011, the Group reported revenues of 6.9 billion EUR. We operate nationally throughout the U.S. with opportunities throughout the nation. Our Americas Region headquarters are located in Houston, TX.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Job Summary and Mission
Move material using lifts. Load and unload trucks and containers. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area.
- Safely operate sit-down forklifts, stand-up forklifts and scissor lifts
- ? Provide immediate response and notification of any spill situation
- ? Correctly match product containers to shipping paperwork
- ? Rack and move material within warehouse,
- ? Pick orders using lifts,
- ? Load/unload trucks and containers using lifts
- ? Handle hazardous materials and finished goods
- ? Participate in cycle counting,
- ? Perform quality checks,
- ? Perform housekeeping activities,
- ? Participate in safety improvement activities,
- ? Report any material or container damage to management staff,
Supporting Job Functions
- ? Miscellaneous paperwork,
- ? Other assigned duties as assigned.
Summary of Experience and Education
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have 1 year of warehouse experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have good or corrected vision.
- Ability to add and subtract.
- Basic language skills required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English preferred.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms aor other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Consistently at work and on time.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/ Requirements:
- ? The worker is subject to both hazards and environmental conditions. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as extreme heat & cold, and working near flammable and corrosive chemicals.
- ? Able to work occasionally in outside elements.
- ? Work hours vary. Able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when requested.
- ? Exerting 10-75 pounds of force on a regular basis to move objects.
- ? Bending occasionally,
- ? Standing, and walking frequently,
- ? Writing occasionally,
- ? Sitting, talking, hearing, manual dexterity, and seeing with close, distance, peripheral, and depth visual acuity are frequently required.