|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||NY Rochester Sr Material Handler|
|Company:||The Schwan Food Company|
|Job Location(s):||Rochester, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Experience:||4 to 7 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Supply Chain/Logistics, Retail/Wholesale - Packing and Shipping|
Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company) is looking for a Senior Material Handler to join our Field Sales Team.
Senior Material Handler's primary responsibility is to successfully move materials, supplies and finished goods through the facility. This includes unloading frozen product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen product from warehouse freezers to delivery trucks. Employee will move materials through facility with the use of material handling equipment i.e. forklift pallet jack, hoist, crane, ASRS etc. May assist with the planning and assigning of personnel for given projects or tasks and may provide assistance with mentoring or evaluation of junior staff. Modify or correct any inventory concerns by third party. Employee must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, and code of ethics policies.
* Safely Handling equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, hoist, crane etc.
* Coordinate manufacturing schedule with manufacturing requirements.
* Use computer to dispense and receive complex information including: product codes, part numbers, quantities, locations, comments, etc.
* Verify all incoming and outgoing product orders, download HHC's for local trucks and oversee unloading/ loading of semis.
* Stack skids or pallets in designated areas, clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard and strapping in proper containers.
* Conduct intermediate material audits.
* Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 4-7 years of related experience.
* Basic math skills.
* Intermediate computer skills
* Intermediate communication skills.
* Must meet Federal Department of Transportation driver eligibility and medical certification requirements.
* Ability to operate equipment including forklift, pallet jack, hoist, crane, etc.
* Meet the defined physical activities, (lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.) and work in cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer.