|Position:||Online Course Instructor|
|Company:||American Museum of Natural History|
|Job Location(s):||New York, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Graduate Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Education - College/University|
|FILLING A POSITION|
|Position Title||Online Course Instructor|
|Number of Openings||1|
|Category||Part Time- Term|
|Total No. of Scheduled Hours Per Pay Period|
(for full-timers only)
|Department||Education (NCSLET) - 056|
|Position Summary||The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in New York City is one of the premier science, research and cultural institutions in the country. AMNH is currently seeking an Online Course Instructor for its online professional development program for educators ("Seminars on Science" ? learn.amnh.org). |
Online Course Instructor agrees to lead a Seminars on Science course(s) serving as the primary Instructor and point of contact when courses are in session. Instructor will work collaboratively with the Online Course Scientist, Online Course Manager, and Online Course Teaching Assistant. Upon the successful completion of the course, the Online Course Instructor will complete all assessments of the course participants and take part in the final assessment meeting.
Major responsibilities are:
- Monitor discussion, adding important guidance and direction as well as enforcing the general rules of conduct as outlined in the program policies.
- Ongoing assessment and feedback of course learners' discussion, assignments and projects using the online grade book.
- Communicate with the Online Course Scientist regarding general instructional issues and specific learners.
- Participate in a weekly conference with the Online Course Manager to discuss the general progress of the course, particularly regarding any specific issues/incidents that arise.
- Complete the final assessment of coursework and final projects for every learner for final review by the Online Course Manager and other SoS team members.
- Mentor and supervise Online Course TAs in the course (if any).
|Required Qualifications||- Master's degree in science education or a science field |
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a setting that promotes both teamwork and independence
|Preferred Qualifications||- 3+ years classroom teaching experience |
- Experience working in an online academic environment
- Comfortable using online tools and applications such as Google Maps and online discussion boards
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
|Required Applicant Documents||Resume|
|Optional Applicant Documents|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please include a list of 3 professional references, with contact information, and relationship to applicant.|
|Quicklink for Posting||careers.amnh.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=50788|
|EEO Statement||The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.|