|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Operations Manager - Market Team - Syracuse, NY|
|Company:||Johnson Controls, Inc.|
|Job Location(s):||Syracuse, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision, Supply Chain/Logistics|
REPORTS TO: Area General Manager
SUPERVISES: Matrix manages, project managers, site superintendents, and project admin
Responsible for project delivery, estimating, and financial management for the project portfolio within the Market team. Responsible for projects within the market team, determining resource levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors workforce levels to ensure conformance with the construction plan. Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work. Implements the site safety and security procedures and project work rules and plays an active role in the development of the safety program. Strategizes and collaborates with the Sales and Engineering, within the Market team, to secure energy performance contracts. Develops and maintains Customer and Subcontractor relationships.
The Market Team Operation Manager is actively involved in the local contracting community, industry organizations, and networks with local subcontractors. Responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction for projects during the execution phase.
* Works collaboratively with the Market Team members to establish and maintain local market dominance.
* Assists the Regional Solutions Operations Pool Manager to effectively plan for future
resource needs and assists in allocating resource needs to meet near term commitments.
* Assesses development needs and works with the Regional Operations Pool Manager to assign Pool Construction Managers, as needed, to provide sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
* Assesses Project execution needs and works with the Regional Operations Pool Manager to assign Pool Construction Managers, as needed, to Market team projects.
* Assists the Area General Manager in the preparation of the annual financial operating plan for the PC business.
* Assists the Area General Manager in ensuring Area Fiscal Year plans are met.
* Assists the Area General Manager in the monthly financial reporting of the Area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: PRODUCTIVITY MEASURMENTS: The Market Team Operations Leader is responsible for the executed margin for all assigned projects in their Market team portfolio. The following metrics define this responsibility: * Market Team Profitability * Project Profitability * Executed Gross Margin (Slippage) * Project cash flow * Timely Project completion
The Market Team Operations Leader is responsible for the executed margin for all assigned projects in their Market team portfolio.
The following metrics define this responsibility:
* Market Team Profitability
* Project Profitability
* Executed Gross Margin (Slippage)
* Project cash flow
* Timely Project completion
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience.
Ten or more years of progressively more responsible operations
management experience in the Installation Industry including five or more years
of direct management experience. High-level competence in written and
verbal communication. Strong presentation skills and proficiency in speaking to
large audiences. Able to lead and direct cross-functional and cross-business
unit project teams to achieve business results. Ability to lead, manage, mentor
and inspire others. Knowledge of multiple levels with the supply chain org.
Polished presentation skills, multi-faceted thinker, innovator. Strong ability to
negotiate, persuade and influence. Proficient in software scheduling tools
and applications. High level project management process competencies.
Strong proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio,
MS Project, basic windows environment and internet business application