|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Part-Time Merchandiser - Horseheads, NY|
|Company:||The Schwan Food Company|
|Job Location(s):||Horseheads, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Retail/Wholesale - General, Retail/Wholesale - Stocking, Retail/Wholesale - Sales and Counter|
Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company) is looking for a Merchandiser to join our Field Sales Team.
Merchandiser's primary responsibility is to execute accurate shelving for all company products at assigned customers (5 - 7 stores) at the store level. Take products from customer's storage freezer and stock these products on shelves, improve shelf positioning and increase product display space. Adjust product facings as necessary and rotate products in the customer's freezer display case. Assist with re-sets of product by understanding store plans. Maintain a neat & orderly back room; establish rapport/credibility with store personnel. Additional components of the job may include assisting in the pre-ordering of sales for delivery to customers for assigned customers and complete on-line surveys via computer regarding company product and inventory. Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
* Identify and act on selling opportunities or inform sales person.
* Stocking shelves and building displays.
* Properly rotate product.
* Execute premier in store service; ensure store is set to schematic.
* Establish and maintain rapport with in store personnel.
* Comply with all Company safety policies & procedures.
* Communicate directly with team members and supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years related experience.
* Ability to operate company equipment including handhelds.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
* Strong time management skills.
* Valid driver's license.
* Must have access to a computer/ internet and have basic computer skills.
* Ability to perform work in a fast-pace work environment.
* Meet the defined physical activities, (lifting, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.) and work in cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes (average of 5 - 7 times daily).