|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Payroll Specialist I (Part Time) Job|
|Job Location(s):||Williamsville, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Customer Service - General|
Requisition #: 52795
Job Title: Payroll Specialist I (Part Time)
Country: United States
State: New York
Employment Status: Part Time
ADP is one of the largest providers of business outsourcing solutions in the world. We build personalized solutions that can meet any organization's unique goals and increase their productivity. We serve approximately 570,000 organizations in more than 125 countries.
Comprehensive Services is seeking a Payroll Specialist I. This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of payrolls for MAS Comprehensive Services clients and ensuring that all payroll, accounting and auxiliary system requirements are met (e.g., W-2's, tax filings, banking requirements, wage garnishments, benefits, stock and pension record keeping). This individual would also perform on-going as well as quarter-end and year-end audits as well as managing the payroll system process cycle.
Why should you partner with ADP to further develop and advance your career? Because ADP is fully committed to providing our employees with opportunities to do so and as a result, we are the proud recipient of ten prestigious employer awards in the past 3 years, which include:
- Fortune's 2011 list of America's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes 2011 list of The World's Most Innovative Companies
- Equality Company of the Year (2011)
- 2011 Diversity MBA Magazine
- 50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership
- Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work (2011)
- Working Mother Magazine Best Places to Work (2010)
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality (2012) ADP offers very competitive salary and benefit packages, commensurate with skills and experience. Job Responsibilities: Primary responsibility for paying clients employees. Review and process all HR and payroll and time and attendance-related associate data, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, wage changes, and transfers. Imports external pay files (time and labor management, commissions, etc.) into payroll system. Performs pre-production audit for each pay group prior to release in adherence with the payroll checklist and SOX compliance requirements. Completes processing cycle for each pay group on release day. Performs post-production maintenance and audits to prepare for next processing cycle. Audits payroll output and provides recap to client liaison, including timely distribution of paychecks within time frame for resolution of outstanding issues. Utilizes existing ad hoc and standard report libraries to assist with internal auditing and creates custom reports as needed. Maintains integrity and confidentiality of payroll database.Proactively communicates and provides outstanding service to client base located remotely. Develops strong business partnerships with client counterparts in HR, Payroll and Accounting. Effectively applies client payroll policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local tax regulations including wage and hour laws.Issues and updates manual checks. Proactively works to resolve issues that create the need for manual checks, in order to reduce exposure to errors, penalties, and interest resulting from late tax deposits. Performs all quarter and year-end audits including file reconciliation, adjustments and W-2 distribution.Computes wage and overtime payments, calculates and records payroll deductions, processes requests for paycheck advances, bonuses and termination paychecks.Balancing and controlling earnings and deductions totals, calculating and preparing general ledger entries, inspecting automated system input and output registers and standard reports; determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions; preparing and filing tax reports, researching and preparing special reports for management, calculating special pays, controlling special pay processing at the request of the client.Mentors and functions as resource to other Payroll Specialists.Facilitates quarterly and year end processing calls and projects with clients. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under general direction processes payroll for clients.Serves as point of contact with client's payroll, accounting or human resources department.Generally assigned the smaller, less complex clients to gain experience and knowledge. More of the processor of the payroll in this role.Decisions made are based on established processes and procedures. Exceptions are referred to manager or senior team members.Errors may result in P&I assessed by the government agencies. Note: Based on the size of the client the P&I assessment is directly related to the actual dollar amount processed. Due to the nature of the data, any security breach would put ADP's brand name at risk. Errors may result in dissatisfied clients and potential lost revenue to ADP.
- **This position is Part Time for 20 hours weekly Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.***
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
Education:High School DiplomaExperience/Skills:Minimum 2 years of payroll processing experience. Basic knowledge of payroll tax deposit, filings, principles and wage and hour laws. Excellent customer service skills. Strong written and verbal skills. Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel. Proficiency in using PC. Strong organizational skills.Preferred Qualifications:FPC Preferred.Expected to achieve a working knowledge of the following applications:WFN ( Portal)PR ModuleHR ModuleTA ModuleWage Garnishments Tax RegistrationTotal Tax PlusADP Reporting GLI ADP Tools SharePoint Autopay Mainframe LUMIN All internal tools to support the offering Exposure to additional offerings: Comp BenefitsComp HR COBRA FSA 401k
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
All Locations: United States, Williamsville, NY
Job Category: Client Service
Area of Interest: Customer Service / Support
Nearest Major Market: Buffalo
Job Segments: Payroll, Mainframe, Developer, Database, Accounting, Finance, Technology