Job Code : 1069
Division : Operations
Location : Lyons New York US 14489 8673 Lyons-Marengo Road
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Job Type : Direct Hire - Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Associate Degree
Skill : Plant Management -> Machine Operation, Safety Management, General supervision
Category : Operations Management
Job Description :
1. Product Quality-Champion Plant Continuous Improvement and Operations Excellence Initiatives. Review inspection reports. Investigate, evaluate, and take action to maintain quality standards and guidelines.
2. Production-Develop in depth understanding of can components and manufacturing equipment. Review written and verbal production reports. Investigate, evalulate and take action to maintain efficiencies within standards and guidelines.
3. Safety-Lead and manage the various components of the safety programs, policies, and procedures. Enforce safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Employee Relations-Promote and maintain communications within all levels of personnel. Provide leadership to management staff of 5-10 direct reports. Administer and enforce Company and Plant policies, procedures, and work practises. Maintain positive Union/Management relations through fair and consistent administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
5. Resource Control-Assist Plant Manager in developing operating budget and capital expenditures. Review operations and best management practises, initiate change when shortcomings are recognized. Review labor and material usage data and observations to effect change.
6. Organizational Development-Assist in recruitment and retention of staff, train and develpment of all personnel. Provide valid feedback to direct reports through routine performance evaluations.
7. Warehouse Managment-Oversee activity to insure smooth and consistent operation of inbound and outbound product.
Job Requirements :
1. Strong understanding of SPC, basic quality management tools and software.
2. Develop in depth understanding of can components and manufacturing equipment.
3. Gain an in depth understand of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and be a cooperative force in good union relations.
4. Willingness and ability to spend 40%+ of time on production floor.
5. Self-directed with strong organizational and planning skill.
6. Willingness and ability to work with all levels of personnel to facilitate team mentality.
7. Willingness and ability to make public presentations in small and large group settings.
8. Willingness and ability to ascend in the organization to include relocation to other parts of the country.
9. Willingness and ability to be an in-plant presence at anytime in a 24/7 operation.