Mead Products, a subsidiary of ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded school supplies and office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2.1 billion, is seeking a Product Marketing Manager, for our Day-Timer Brand product line in our Sidney, NY office.
This position will have a direct impact on ACCO Brands Planning & Organizing categories for the Office Products group. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced product marketing manager to utilize leadership and entrepreneurial skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Responsibilites will include:
Develops marketing strategies in conjunction with the Director of Marketing for the Day-Timer brand, which includes analyzing and defining market segments, determining the appropriate product categories and appropriate channels of distribution
- Leads cross functional product team in order to develop new products, line extensions, product refreshes and product re-engineering to enhance the Day-Timer brand
- Fulfills role of Product Line Owner for assigned product categories for office product channel of distribution including commercial, office superstores and assists with coordinating activities into the mass channel
- Contributes to the development of annual marketing plan in support of the Day-Timer brand and executes the plan
- Manages product line P&L
- Directs market research needs to research manager and participates fully in the development and review of the final work product
- Leads annual pricing exercise to ensure alignment with overall office products group (OPG) strategy and ensures alignment with mass market pricing strategy
- Reviews SKU performance criteria by product line and manages accordingly
- Provides day-to-day support and liaison with Supply Chain Management to ensure optimal product performance and minimize costs
- Executes annual model line development process in conjunction with the operations group
- Defines market/sales program for Day-Timer brand in conjunction with commercial and superstore sales management
- Performs sales calls to key customers to position and enhance product placement and assist in POG development and POP communication
- Develops strategies to promote the brand and product lines to include: sales literature, sampling, public relations, consumer and trade promotion and website development
- Provides product information to customer service and/or directly to consumers as needed
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Assists Director of Marketing in identifying and implementing the Emerging Markets growth strategy for all planning, organizing, note-taking, filing and storage opportunities to targeted markets beyond North America.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience with developing and executing product line strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required
- Superior written, interpersonal and presentational communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with consumer products, office products preferred
- Willingness to travel 25%
- P/L experience preferred
- MicroSoft Office experience
Mead Products, a subsidiary of ACCO Brands Corporation, has the best recognized brands in the business. ACCO Brands leads the North American and Brazilian stationery markets for school, home and business use - with products that help people organize, communicate, create and learn. Our customers, who range from office superstores to independent variety and stationery stores, have long relied on the success of our popular brands: AT-A-GLANCE, Day Runner and Day-Timer. Our school stationery brands - Five Star, Hilroy, Mead and Tilibra - help students better organize their school work and focus on learning. Consumer & Office Products holds relationships with key licensors such as Thomas Kinkade, Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers and Nike.