|Job Location(s):||Yonkers, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||7 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Project Management , IT - Analysis/Project Mgmt|
|More information about this job:|
|Consumer Reports seeks a detail oriented Project Manager to join our team. This position is based in our Yonkers, NY headquarters and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and great work environment.|
|Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Project management experience is required. 7 - 10 years of IT work experience including 4 or more years of managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions. Experience in managing projects in both a waterfall and agile methodologies.|
|* Responsible for overall management of assigned projects, including coordination across departments/divisions, status monitoring and reporting, and stability of projects.|
* Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies
* Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations.
* Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, identifies resource needs, and escalates functional, quality and timeliness issues.
* Determines IT personnel needs for projects, assigns and monitors project work and provides input into performance appraisals for all staff on assigned projects.
* Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
* Coordinates communication with all areas of the organization that impact project scope, budget, risk and resources of work effort being managed.
* Assists other members of management to identify and prioritize opportunities.
* Manages one of more cross functional projects of medium to high complexity
* Oversees the work of project management staff; schedules and monitors work; authority to approve or deny time off for assigned staff based on project schedules and demands; may coordinate with functional manager to enable appropriate vacation usage/schedule.
* May be accountable to capture and document functional requirements and QA/UAT test plans; interfaces with business users to help define the business processes as well as gather, analyze, and document business requirements.
* May write test plans and individual test cases for both automated and manual testing; conducts testing and log results; identifies issues and defects and logs them in a defect-tracking tool.
* Ensures that products meet the highest quality standards.