Sony retail stores give you a front row seat to see Sony United at work. Here, we bring consumers face to face with innovation and allow them to experience the magic of our products first-hand. They can hear Sony Music and see Sony Pictures content in amazing quality through our newest technologies. As the face of Sony, it will be your job to explore our innovations every day, share your passion with our customers, and in the process create experiences that breed life-long Sony fans. You'll love your job, and you'll have a bit of fun, too.
We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Store Manager (ASM) at our Roosevelt Field Mall store located in Garden City, NY. As an ASM, you will work in conjunction with the Store Manager (SM) in making decisions that contribute to the success of the store. You will help oversee all major areas of the business including Sales Associate training and development, sales and overall store operations.
The ASM is responsible for being the Manager on Duty (MOD) - driving for results through sales and maintaining a focus on customer service at all times. This includes, but is not limited to: completing shift responsibilities before entering the sales floor; executing the sales strategy through daily huddles; teambuilding through communication, motivation, and encouragement; providing coaching and "in the moment" feedback to other associates for their continued growth and development; and problem solving. The ASM must also help to communicate store results to employees for better understanding of opportunities for operational improvement. Under the direction of the SM, the ASM assists with additional duties such as paperwork, scheduling, inventory, training, and recruiting. This individual addresses customer complaints, performs opening and closing procedures, and other projects as assigned. The ASM must continually improve their product knowledge through Sony's on-line training program. Additional duties may be required upon request from management.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Bachelor's degree, or in lieu of a degree, must have an additional 4 years of retail experience required
- Must have a minimum of two years of assistant store management experience in a big box or as the Store Manager of a specialty store
- Consumer electronics retail experience is preferred
- Must have the proven ability to drive the business in sales and customer service as well as possess excellent communication and coaching skills
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended period of times, climb a ladder (up to 20 feet), and lift 50 pounds, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends is a must
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit: