Our ideal SETSS Special Education Teacher will have full-time classroom experience and a demonstrated track record of propelling students' academic growth and mastery. Our ideal candidate will have extraordinarily high expectations for all scholars and believe deeply that scholars with disabilities are just as capable as general education scholars. A Bachelor's Degree and Special Education NYS Certification are required. (Applicants with out-of-state Special Education certification will be considered, but if hired s/he must complete the reciprocity process before the start of the school year.)
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
- Accountability and Data Driven. Proven record of achievement as evidenced by student work, learning, and data.
- Stamina. Ability to handle the intensity required to thrive in a high-performing charter school, and remain organized, punctual, and reliable under pressure.
- Management. Ability to manage the behavior in a classroom of 25+ scholars.
- Self-Reflection. Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
- Preparation. Ability to study curriculum and do the intellectual work needed to deliver instruction at a high level.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools. Ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, ever day.
- Deadline and Detail Driven. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand. Meeting project timelines set by leadership in an effort to improve one's practice.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Team Player. Willingness to work with others and respond constructively to feedback.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent SETSS Special Education Teacher at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.