|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Job Location(s):||Watertown, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Sales - Inside, Sales - Technical, Sales - Representatives/Service|
|Job Title||Sales Associate|
|Location||Watertown, NY, US|
|Organization Name||Wesco Distribution|
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistics services. 2011 annual sales were approximately $6.13 billion. The company employs approximately 7,300 people, maintains relationships with over 17,000 suppliers, and serves over 100,000 customers worldwide. Customers include industrial and commercial businesses, contractors, governmental agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates eight fully automated distribution centers and over 400 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
* Obtains orders by answering telephone calls, verifying and entering items, transferring orders to fulfillment, explaining stock-outs and expected
* Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customer's buying history
* Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement, collecting customer information and extending credit
* Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, national accounts
* Keeps abreast of new products
* Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes
* Prepares, generates and follow up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order.
* Maintains customer product discounts through branch price sheets and/or Distribution System price file maintenance screens; including maintenance of appropriate cost files to ensure accuracy of automated supplier claims.
* Investigates deductions made by customer when paying WESCO invoices, obtaining necessary information for management to make a determination of whether credit is to be issued or letter to be written. Prepares replies, credit forms (such as RMA, price adjustment) and/or entering the credit transaction into Distribution System.
* Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer's promised delivery date. Maintains Distribution System backorder report, associated customer expediting report/notices, and customer notification, as required.
Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products preferred
* Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills
* Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and potentially new accounts
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form
* Attention to detail
* Ability to interpret complex information
* Ability to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement
* Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
* Ability to influence others
* Ability to prepare for emerging customer needs
* Technical aptitude for equipment and service related issues
2 - 4 years inside sales in either electrical or
Experience in telephone sales or business development with proven track record of achieving revenue goals
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
|How To Apply|
Press "Apply Now" below.
|Country||United States of America|
|United States of America|