|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Sales Manager State Gov't & Higher Education - Northeast|
|Company:||Johnson Controls, Inc.|
|Job Location(s):||Hawthorne, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||3 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision, Sales - Management|
TITLE: SALES MANAGER, ENERGY SOLUTIONS
State Gov't & Higher Education
GEOGRAPHY: NORTHEAST STATES
REPORTS TO: Area General Manager, Energy Solutions
Matrix: Regional Sales Director, Energy Solutions
SUPERVISES: Matrix Supervises: Account Executives, Account Representative. Market Team
Under general direction and aligned with the Area business plan, ensures strategic accounts for sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals driving the sales cadence for the Area. Understands the business environment of local markets including legislative, purchasing, and growth trends. Ensures focus on developing new business and seeks to expand the scope of business with key accounts. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with assigned key accounts. Provides consistent level of sales coaching, customer sales calls, and critical opportunity reviews. Builds and fosters a team environment within and across market teams. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff. Deploys the tools, processes and standards developed to meet sales objectives for profitability and growth.
Consolidates and delivers the area quarterly sales forecast and secured margin plan. As delegated by the Area General Manager, approves pricing strategies, approves individual sales plans & goals, leads large/complex sales efforts.
1. Delivers Area sales results for all 'lines of business'. As part of the management team, develops strategic plans, account plans, and annual sales plan. Responsible for all aspects of sales planning, measurement, and results; including, volume, margin, staffing, overhead, productivity, activity management, and contribution margin
2. Analyzes the market and current business performance. Develops strategies to pursue consistent with Area and Region objectives. Understands the business environment of local markets including legislative, purchasing, and growth trends.
3. Consistent with the Area plan, selects strategic accounts for sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals. Ensure the proper sales staffing levels within the Market Team and ensures individual sales target and key account assignments are established and met.
4. Drives focus on developing new business at target accounts across all lines of business. Consistently seeks to expand the scope of business with key accounts. Leads the cadence to qualify, assess and review potential customers and opportunities. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with assigned key accounts.
5. Establishes clear performance expectations for sales force. Uses standards to assess the behavior, activities and performance of each salesperson. Provides consistent feedback to motivate sales people toward improved performance. Provide consistent level of sales coaching, customer sales calls, and critical opportunity reviews.
6. Ensures the account teams, program development, and sales support team operate within established business processes, tools, and standards. Assists in the hiring, retention, performance management, and career development sales management and sales teams. Provides consistent level of sales coaching including customer sales calls, and critical opportunity reviews.
7. Manages the sales forecast at an Area level, assists with the Market Team's sales forecast. Deploys the tools, processes and standards developed to meet sales objectives for profitability and growth.
8. Builds and fosters a team environment within and across Market Teams. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
9. Ensures customer satisfaction and contract compliance.
10. Participates as needed as the management team representative on strategically important key accounts. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with key owners and owner representatives to influence opportunities.
11. Serves as an active member of the Energy Solutions Area leadership team by providing Area performance information in an accurate and timely fashion, and working with and supporting other Area, Region and Corporate leaders to establish standards, resource sharing and incorporating "Best Practices", reporting performance metrics, establishing and actualizing learning programs.
12. Represents Johnson Controls as the local leader in the community to ensure an understanding of the business environment and local community, including legislation, purchasing, and market trends.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing. Master's degree preferred. Five to eight years of progressive experience and proven sales ability in the sales of building controls and services. Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.