|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Senior IT Support Specialist|
|Job Location(s):||Pearl River, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||3 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||IT - General|
|Title||Senior IT Support Specialist|
|Job Family||Information Technology|
|Location||USA - NY - Pearl River|
|An Affirmative Action Participant EOE M/F/D/V|
|Description||**This position will initially be located in our Pearl River office - will ultimately be located in our Tarrytown project office. Business hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with flexibility to work outside of those hours as needed.**|
The primary responsibility of the Senior IT Support Specialist is to provide complex Level One support to client inquires concerning systems operations including:
1) Diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems.
2) Perform actions to correct problems or recommend actions to correct problems based on an advanced knowledge of system operation.
3) Install, modify and facilitate the repair of desktop computer hardware and software systems.
4) Provide technical assistance and training to system users.
5) Act as a liaison with the internal clients and programmers to understand and explain software errors/issues to help recommend program changes.
6) Conduct software and hardware tests to evaluate the ease of use. May make recommendations to management regarding hardware/software purchase decisions.
7) Work with IT Support Manager to research alternative approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
8) Serve as an in-house expert to IT Support Specialists to help with more complicated technical issues.
|Requirements||Associates Degree in Computer Science/MIS related area or equivalent work experience.|
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/MIS desirable.
3+ years experience in technical support of PC, networks and servers.
Excellent working knowledge of computer and peripherals.
Expanded working knowledge in systems operations and maintenance.
Working knowledge of Windows XP/7 and Windows 2003/2008 Servers.
Working knowledge and ability to help users with Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
Ability to communicate needs and new ideas with users and management.
Ability to write software and hardware evaluations and make
recommendations for management review.
Ability to work with vendors to request service and work through defective product issues.
Self Starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, ProjectWise and/or GIS desirable.
This position may include travel.
This position may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and drug and alcohol testing during the course of your employment based upon HDR's Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.