|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Service Technician - Syracuse|
|Company:||Johnson Controls, Inc.|
|Job Location(s):||Syracuse, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||2 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Skilled Trades - General|
Under specific direction, performs preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning
and general servicing electronic control systems (including trouble shooting of systems). Works with assigned Controls Technician mentor to achieve high leels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
1. Works with Controls Technicians on diagnostics and repair of complex system malfunctions
requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems. Tests system software in multiple programming languages.
2. Works with mentor to develop the ability to draw sketches and control design functionality.
3. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Assists the Controls Technician to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with the assigned mentor and customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided and outstanding issues. In conjunction with the Controls Technician, promotes the sale of add-on work.
4. Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards.
5. Compiles assigned job documentation, such as preventative maintenance documentation, service tickets and punch lists.
6. Participates in training classes as assigned and conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to develop technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes
certifications and develops technical proficiencies as required by the company.
Other duties related to assisting in commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
Vocational School or Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field or two years experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical
systems in the HVAC industry. Generally preferred knowledge includes HVAC controls systems,
facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing
techniques. Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Johnson Controls to customers and
other outside contacts, with a professional appearance and attitude. PC experience required and the ability to program software highly desired.