Sr. Legal Specialist (USA)-728536
The Asset Protection Team in Bank Legal is seeking a Senior Litigation Specialist to provide primary legal support for team attorneys located in Melville, New York, and secondary legal support to team attorneys located in New York City and New Orleans.
This position will report to an Assistant General Counsel for Asset Protection, and will have responsibility for: (1) providing legal support for complex legal questions that arise enterprise-wide regarding criticized commercial loans; (2) providing litigation assistance, including serving as an initial point of contact for various lines of business, drafting and preparing default letters, loan modifications and forbearance agreements; (3) providing reporting and management assistance to the managing attorney on litigation matters; (4) providing project management support regarding document collection and factual investigations under the direction of the managing litigation attorney; (5) invoice review as well as file maintenance and management in the Serengeti system; and (6) working with internal and external counsel to provide overall litigation support in various litigation and nonlitigation matters. This position will entail daily interactions with Capital One associates as well as external counsel and support staff.
- Four Year College degree or equivalent professional training
- Computer proficiency in programs such as Word, Excel and Serengeti
- Minimum four years experience with project/case management, preferably in the litigation and workout fields
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build collegial and effective relationships with business clients, attorneys, project managers, and corporate compliance professionals and efficient matter management skills
- Some travel to northern Virginia, Manhattan or New Orleans may be required
Primary Location: United States-New York-Melville-NW Suffolk-NFB HQ #2 Melville (22068)