|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||System Admin, Production Control Admin, Software Tools Admins,|
|Job Location(s):||Orangeburg, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||4 years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||IT - General, IT - Software Development, IT - Analysis/Project Mgmt|
|Technical Services Organization Technical Services includes: |
* Data center facilities (building environmental support and hardware rack/stack services)
* Mainframe and distributed systems hardware and operating systems support
* Software tools (hardware capacity planning, hardware monitoring, hardware maintenance, IAAS Cloud services, etc.)
* Technical project management
* Disaster recovery planning Preferred hiring locations: Orangeburg, NY Irvine, CA Dublin, OH Twinsburg, OH Alpharetta, GA Irving, TX Temple Terrace,FL Silver Spring, MD Ashburn, VA Colorado Springs, CO Senior System Administrator -
* Designs System Architectures for business initiatives
* Collaborates with application development teams
* Performance Monitoring , Analysis & Tuning
* Capacity Planning - capacity criteria, demand forecasting, technology enhancements, upgrade plans
* Prepares, implements, and maintains quality control processes
* Change Management - planning, notification, minimizing user impact, user validation, back out plans
* Patch Management - critical patch notification, regular maintenance schedules, maintenance implementation process
* Synchronization with ODC, TDC, SDC & DDC - planning
* Inventory Management - tracking, spare parts, maintenance contracts, support/maintenance end-of-life
* Production Readiness - testing, readiness checklist, training operations staff and other production support personnel
* Software License Management - contracts, license keys
* Service Level Management - service level agreements, metrics, reporting, customer management
* Fault Prevention, Detection, Alerting, Analysis & Resolution
* Security Alert Management & Monitoring
* Disaster Recovery Planning - backups, remote copy / mirroring, DR plan, DR exercises, in-house DR System Administrator -
* Maintains the Mainframe, Unix or Windows environment as a team member. This would include monitoring the Unix/Windows systems for errors along with patching and troubleshooting. Participation with application teams to modify the servers to meet application requirements. Examples would be tuning of OS parameters and modifying file systems under direct supervision. Ensuring backups are completed on a regular basis.
* Entry level storage tasks such as working with vendors in monitoring and scheduling microcode level upgrades across the disk and tape environments;
* Performs minor project management activities under direct supervision such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling activities for vendors, application teams, network teams and other Systems Administrators. Participates in developing technical solutions which will impact projects and staff members
* Participates in evaluations of technical options for meeting user needs. Assists with ensuring system requirements are identified, prioritized and incorporated in an effective, efficient manner. Production Control Administrator -
* Performs technical administration and/or analysis duties, as well as system design and development of methods to process information. The incumbent in this position is also responsible for producing specific deliverables relating to operations management. Occasionally leads staff members and peers on projects. The incumbent works independently and typically requires supervision on complex tasks only.
* Works as a team member with senior technical staff on large, complex technical projects.
* Completes assigned technical projects on time (e.g., analysis, designing, development, implementation, testing, monitoring, maintenance, production support, documentation, etc.).
* Occasionally leads staff members and peers on projects. Performing project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, and scheduling.
* Spends at least 50% of his or her time performing project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, and scheduling.
* Analyzes problems, develops and implements solutions, and makes decisions that significantly impact project(s).
* Leads other Technical Support/Support team members in selected project activities. Acts as a subject matter expert while providing coaching and mentoring to more junior MTS's.
* Resolves escalated complex issues within the established timeframes while providing quality customer service.
* Proactively monitors and controls all directives to ensure quality and efficiency. Requirements for System and Production Control Administrators Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems 5+ years relevant system administrator experience Strong technical and analytical skills PC and desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.) Strong business knowledge In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures Strong interpersonal skills Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities Strong organizational and problem solving abilities Strong verbal and written communication skills Technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information PC literacy, including working knowledge of desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, e-mail, etc.) Working knowledge of information systems concepts Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to follow directions Good organizational and problem solving abilities Good verbal and written communication skills Senior Software Tools Administrator -
* Determine and recommend strategic solutions and direction for VZW IT enterprise software tools roadmap both as a service bureau (reactive) and a service provider (proactive) o Responsible for performing high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the tools life cycle - acts independently, and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise
* Lead, direct, coordinate, design and implement asset and inventory software solutions in alignment with software tools roadmaps and business and IT customer requirements to include o Provide project management in identification of tasks, durations, predecessor relationships and dependencies o Script development, database administration, Tool configuration, Integration/federation between tools o Leadership presentations on results and recommendations o Develop, manage and maintain existing solutions in support of operational and business teams Software Tools Administrator -
* Responsible for performing high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the tools life cycle - acts independently, and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise o Responsible for analyzing data integrations and manage data normalization across sources. o Identifying and correcting database problems, developing solutions and making decisions to ensure projects/initiatives are implemented successfully with solid solutions, specific to asset management.
* Lead, direct, coordinate, design and implement the data base and data models for asset and inventory software solutions in alignment with software tools roadmaps and business and IT customer requirements to include o Provide project management in identification of tasks, durations, predecessor relationships and dependencies o Script development, database administration, Tool configuration, Integration/federation between tools o Leadership presentations on results and recommendations o Develop, manage and maintain existing solutions in support of operational and business teams Requirements for Software Tools Administrators Hands-on operational experience in a technical capacity specifically in software development and database usage/management. Network, open systems and/or hardware support services preferred 4+ years of experience as technical lead on complex software implementation/development projects 3-5 years of experience in scripting technologies (PERL, VBS, etc) 1-3 years of experience in SQL, Java, Python, Jython and other 4GL languages 3-5 years of process engineering and workflow development 1-2 years of database management experience, specifically RDBMS such as MS SQL or Oracle 1-2 years experience working with inventory/asset/automation toolsets Ability to design and implement from specifications to include preparation of detailed specifications
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.|