Training and Instruction Manager - NYC Teaching Fellows
Seeking Passionate Instructional Leaders!
TNTP seeks a Training and Instruction Manager for the New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) program. This position is based in Brooklyn, NY and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP strives to end the injustice of educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom. A national nonprofit organization founded by teachers, TNTP is driven by the knowledge that effective teachers have a greater impact on student achievement than any other school factor. In response, TNTP develops customized programs and policy interventions that enable education leaders to find, develop and keep great teachers.
Every year, NYCTF gives outstanding professionals the opportunity to improve the odds for kids by becoming teachers committed to raising student achievement in the classrooms that need them most. Over the past eleven years, NYCTF has provided New York City schools with more than 16,500 high-quality new teachers, concentrated in high-need subject areas such as bilingual education, math, science, and special education. For more information, please visit .
Who We Want
TNTP pushes the boundaries of what's possible in public education every day, and we seek candidates who share our vision of ending educational inequality. Our employees are bright, dynamic, and dedicated to overcoming incredible challenges in order to achieve remarkable results. More than a job, working at TNTP is a commitment. Every job is essential, and every employee's contributions and ideas are integral to our success.
The Training and Instruction Manager will ensure that NYCTF trains its first-year teachers to be the most effective first-year teachers in New York City Public Schools by managing rigorous pre-service training programs, executing high-quality curriculum implementation, and providing targeted feedback after observations of first-year teachers. This role offers a phenomenal opportunity to refine management experience as well; the Training and Instruction Manager will hire, train, and manage a team of seasonal staff who will work directly as coaches and instructors for NYCTF's first-year teachers.
We are looking for an experienced educator who is deeply committed to excellence in NYC public schools, passionate about piloting rigorous, innovative approaches to teacher development, and interested in training and developing adult learners. This is an incredible opportunity to have a profound impact on the preparation and development of first-year teachers who will be changing lives and the future in New York City - every day.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and the free exchange of feedback, a comprehensive benefits plan effective on the first day of employment - including low cost medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, a 403(b) plan with employer match, potential opportunities for performance based bonuses - as well as the opportunity to influence the direction of a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of our nation's children. For more information on TNTP's competitive benefits package, please visit .
* Interest in and support of alternative routes to teacher certification
* Strong education background and instructional skill set with at least two years K-12 teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations
* Comfort with piloting new approaches, assessing immediate impact, and accountability to results
* Understanding of what effective teaching looks like immediately when observing teachers in practice, and a deep commitment to the importance of effective instruction
* Track record of raising student achievement
* Excellent project management and organizational skill
* Evidence of strong facilitation skills
* Excellent oral communication and writing skill
* Capacity to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Previous experience developing and leading teacher professional development (preferred)
* Experience teaching in NYC Public Schools and/or familiarity with New York curriculum standards (preferred)
* The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization
* Comfort working with computers and strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
* A willingness to work non-standard hours and/or occasional weekends
The annual salary for this full-time position is $65,000 or commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for a performance based bonus. TNTP may also offer a relocation stipend to help defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
We review applications on a rolling basis - so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. TNTP is committed to fostering and capitalizing on the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. If you would like to learn more about TNTP, please visit