|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Workforce Development Specialist|
|Company:||Henkels & McCoy|
|Job Location(s):||Long Island City, NY|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:||Competitive|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Social Services/Community|
|Job Title||Workforce Development Specialist||Job ID||3219|
|# Positions||1||Location||US-NY-Long Island City|
|Posted Date||11/29/2012||Job Category||Training Services - Administration|
|CDL Required||No||Lifting Required||No|
|More information about this job:|
The Workforce Development Specialist (WDS) will be responsible for marketing the Training Services group of Henkels & McCoy and developing relationships with local business, organizations, vocational institutions, and career centers. The WDS will help recruit eligible participants for the training services program and marketing the training services program to community organizations/ advocates. In addition, the WDS will be responsible for identifying internships/employment opportunities for graduating participants and will organize job fairs, open houses and career development events.
|Major Job Elements:|
* Understand program participants skills, competencies, career interests and help them improve their overall skills to become employable.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience required.
* Related BA or BS Degree (social services, counseling, business) preferred.
* Past experience working with the young adults and/or training programs required.
* Proficiency in using MS office, XP, hardware knowledge is a plus.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer