|Job Description: ||If you are looking for an opportunity that makes you feel appreciated every day, we invite you to join us at the American Red Cross! The American Red Cross Blood Services - New York Penn Region supplies a wide range of blood components, plasma derivatives, and transfusion services to hospitals and other medical facilities throughout Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Poughkeepsie, Syracuse and West Henrietta. The American Red Cross regional blood center's mission is to fulfill the needs of people and provide the safest, most reliable and cost-effective blood and plasma services through voluntary donations. The American Red Cross, New York-Penn Region, is seeking candidates for our Team Supervisor positions in our Long Island, NY office. Job Description: |
- Supervise blood collection (whole blood and apheresis) operations at fixed and/or mobile sites to ensure an efficient, effective and compliant process.
- Supervise staff, create a team environment and provide leadership needed to maintain premiere donor care, customer safety and satisfaction during the blood collection process.
- Demonstrate excellent public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross.
- Work independently with attention to detail ensuring adherence to quality standards. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
To apply, please visit our website at , create a profile and attach a current resume. Please search for requisition BIO28127. The American Red Cross NYPENN Blood Services Region is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development; team spirit; a competitive salary; and a comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA and M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor Degree, RN/LPN or equivalent combination of related education and experience required, with current state licensure as required.
- Minimum two years related experience required. Supervisory experience preferred. Related experience includes medical, technical, supervisory experience or documented satisfactory performance as a Collections Specialist. Customer service experience required.
- Effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.