Opportunities with Diplomat. Bring your passion to Diplomat and join a family of brands rooted in specialty pharmacy services since 1975. Diplomat Specialty Infusion Group delivers high-touch infusion treatments nationwide, and Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy serves patients who face complex and often rare conditions. We're now part of OptumRx and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Our employees enjoy exceptional benefits, continuing education and award-winning wellness programs. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with Diplomat, where changing the world is just one result of doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Pharmacist for Clinical Services develops and maintains therapeutic and medication protocols and decision tools. Develops policies and procedures, medication reviews, and provides clinical support and drug information resources to Diplomat associates, providers, and its patients.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with clinical staff, other internal departments, pharmaceutical companies, clients and prescribers
- Develop and review training, educational, and marketing materials to support Centers of Excellence and other therapeutic categories deemed necessary. Audiences for such materials may include patients, healthcare providers, clients, or Diplomat staff
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate Diplomat's drug therapy and disease management protocols, striving to design clinical pathways that are based upon best practices and align with the needs of clients, partners, and internal departments. Design analytics to define and understand relevant patient population demographics in support of strategy and program development
- Identify, develop, and launch differentiated business solutions to pharmaceutical companies, including fee-for-service products and services
- Develop, review, and implement clinical policies and procedures in conjunction with all state, federal, contractual, and accreditation requirements
- Effectively represent Clinical Services on committees and work groups as requested
- Actively participate in IT/informatics committees to support strategic direction and prioritization of team deliverables
- Provide clinical expertise in support of business development and sales initiatives, including drug pipeline management, pre- and post-approval medication programs, launch positioning, proposal responses, and contract fulfillment
- Review pharmacy claims data to identify possible clinical strategies and savings
- Design and oversee analytics to support the forecast of specialty pipeline medications and their contribution to future costs, utilization, and clinical outcomes
- Support the design and enhancement of reporting capabilities and high-level analytics related to program/clinical outcomes, quality management, cost utilization, and other inquiries and contractual agreements
- Develop and enhance the ongoing valuation of Specialty Pharmacy therapy management outcomes and utilization management
- As requested, oversee the training of pharmacy residents and provide criteria-based feedback on their performance
- Serve as a drug information resource to Diplomat associates, providers, and its patients
- Collaborate with the Managed Care Department to provide recommendations on new drug positioning, outcomes analysis and client account management activities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD
- 4 years of pharmacy experience
- Valid license, in good standing, to practice as a Pharmacist as required by the state Board of Pharmacy in the state employed
- Valid Controlled Substance License in the state employed if required by the State Board of Pharmacy to practice
- Role specific certification
- 3 years of specialty pharmacy or managed care pharmacy experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical, Diplomat, Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical, Ronkonkoma, New York