Paralegal - Assistant Treasurer
New York, NY
Apple Bank is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our growing legal team. The position will work closely with the Legal Department, primarily with the Deputy General Counsel of the Consumer Banking group. You will be a key asset in creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal department, facilitate change, and control costs.
This role involves corporate insurance application and tracking, branch query response, PPT and Excel creation for the legal team, and managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work together with the head of retail operations, to act as the retail operations liaison by timely responding to retail branch inquiries on a number of diverse topics including, but not limited to, guardianships, powers of attorney, trusts, and deceased items.
- Work with the retail operations group to track claims and elevate matters that require further attention to the Legal Department, Consumer Banking Group and other service partners.
- Increase operational efficiencies between the business/legal team and other internal departments, including building automated solutions in retail operations.
- Identify and implement initiatives to streamline the operations of the Corporate Insurance Department.
- Assist the Corporate Insurance Officer with all administrative functions related to the Corporate Insurance Department such as reporting all claims to the broker, communicating with the brokers/lawyers/consultants, insurance application submission, and handling insurance claims for all branch losses.
- Manage, maintain and update various dashboards, including management of outside counsel, legal team budgets, litigation, and legal team actions across business lines and service partners.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of paralegal experience.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal + written).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff including directors and executives.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision,401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.