The Product Safety Compliance Engineer is responsible for maintaining consistent awareness of global laws, regulations and consumer demands that impact food contact and food additive categories. In this role, he/she will also provide tactical and strategic product safety/regulatory details/direction and identify process improvements, policies and protocols as they relate to product safety activities within the business units and customer requests.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and communicate written compliance responses to customers.
- Maintain accurate, readily-accessible records of all relevant supplier and customer documents
- Design, implement and manage programs, policies and practices to ensure that all Sonoco Consumer products are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements both domestically and internationally.
- Represent Compliance in cross-functional teams to provide strategic regulatory compliance advice working closely with R&D, Procurement, Quality, General Counsel, and suppliers.
- Review new and existing products, ensuring compliance with FDA, CFIA, EU and other global regions of distribution.
- Research and provide recommendations on topics as they relate to food safety and regulatory.
- Support R&D and Supply Chain through alerts or training to increase awareness on regulations that affect their product categories.
- Collaborates - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively - developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages Complexity - Make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Plans and Aligns - planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Optimizes Work Processes - knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get tasks completed
This position can be 100% remote and you can be located anywhere in the US.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have the ability to research and apply technical information to company specific packaging articles and raw materials
- You have knowledge of regulatory guidelines and product claims as they relate globally.
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years in Regulatory, Packaging, Chemistry, Food Microbiology, Food Science, and/or related area
- You have strong prioritization skills.
- You have experience working with detailed project management timelines
- You have capability to handle multiple tasks.
- You are able to work independently and make recommendations and decisions.
- You are willing to take challenges, hardworking, self-motivated and dependable.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are proficient in MS Office, Word, and Excel along with the ability to learn other systems as needed.
- You have Global Regulatory experience in a food contact application (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.