Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success.
Instructors are responsible for providing quality training, ensuring that each student has a productive, challenging and meaningful experience in the classroom or on the firing range. The primary responsibility of each Instructor is the safety and well-being of all students during all training activities they lead.
- Provides instruction for Firearms and Tactics courses utilizing prescribed curriculum
- Updates course curriculum as directed
- Lead Instructs/Assistant Instructor for all Core Curriculum and Contracted Courses
- Teaches customized training courses
- Conducts mobile training
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial training
- Maintains overall safety and organization of the training environment
- Ensures safety of students; communicates and oversees compliance with Company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines
- Ensures accountability for all training equipment
- Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards, and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs
- Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the US Government or the contract
- Assist with range safety operations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship required
- NRA Firearms Instructor Certification required
- One or more of the following Certifications preferred, Monadnock Defensive Tactics (MDTS) Instructor, OC Instructor, First Aid Instructor, AED Instructor, Active Shooter Instructor, Ti Simulator Instructor and/or Simunitions Instructor
- Additional Instructor Certifications at the Federal, State or Military level, as well as certification by NRA, Glock, Smith and Wesson, or other entity as an Armorer is a plus
- Must pass background investigation, physical, drug and psychological screening, and have no legal disqualifiers to possess firearms
- Computer literacy with basic proficiency in MS Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. In addition to work in a classroom setting, frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours vary from Sunday-Saturday, 7:30 am - 8:00 pm. However some extended and/or weekend hours may be required, and work schedule will vary.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.