Certara is looking for talented and motivated pharmacometricians that are eager to grow their career and join the team as Scientist!
Our Pharmacometricians are responsible for providing expertise into clinical development plans, including the design, conduct, and interpretation of relevant clinical pharmacology and PK/PD studies. Qualified candidates will have the ability to work on a variety of therapeutic indications and data types with an adequate understanding of applied population PK and PK/PD modeling and simulation to support drug development programs. We are looking for Pharmacometricians that want to:
- Deepen their strategic drug development expertise and their experience informing drug development decisions.
- Perfect their pharmacometric techniques with fit-for-purpose modeling approaches such as population PK and PK/PD modeling, target-mediated drug disposition TMDD) models, dose- and exposure-response analyses.
- Broaden their drug development expertise by working with a myriad of companies, molecular modalities, and therapeutic areas.
- Develop their consulting career path by recognizing and seeking opportunities that match their ambition and personal interests.
- Support projects for Certara's clients by working in teams with other Associates, senior expert modelers, and drug development consultants.
- Hands on pharmacometric modeling on client projects as a billable consultant.
- Continuing education on advanced modeling and simulation approaches, with an emphasis on methods appropriate for small molecules and/or complex biologics, (bispecific biologics, chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapies, and immuno-oncology therapies).
- Conduct quality control activities on model codes and reports.
Skills & Abilities
- MSc, PhD, PharmD, or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of industry/consulting experience (may be combined with academic research) working in R&D, pre-clinical and clinical environments.
- Experience in pharmacometrics, clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, or a related discipline in a project team setting is preferred, whether in academia or industry.
- Expertise in PK/PD modeling with strong quantitative skills applied to develop models with nonlinear behavior, mechanistic or semi-mechanistic components relating to mechanism of action and tailored to meet specific drug-development questions.
- Proficiency in software used for modeling analyses (e.g. Phoenix NLME, NONMEM, Adapt, Monolix) and performs dataset construction (e.g. R, SAS).
- Independent performance of analysis and modeling and development of reports with limited supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Certara is a global company, and additional languages are of benefit.
Certara is a growing company that provides a novel and exciting place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our society and the people that need them most. Innovation and creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies. The well-being of our employees is a priority at Certara, and that is why we support the most important aspects of their lives:
- Financial - competitive pay, incentives, retirement plans, income security programs
- Health and Wellness - comprehensive benefit package, wellness programs, healthy lifestyle office environments
- Work/Life - unlimited paid time off and an employee assistance program
- Growth & Development - performance driven environment
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic information, military service, or other characteristic protected by law.