Responsible for overseeing and operating table games. Deals out cards or blocks to patrons for games of chance. Supervises players, checks hands for winnings, and collects or deals out chips accordingly.
- Deal cards to patrons during games of chance at a gaming establishment such as a casino.
- Play house hands from behind a gaming table.
- Deal appropriate number of cards out to players.
- Check players' bets.
- Compare players' hands with the house and determine winner.
- Announce winner and begin new game.
- Exchange money for chips to be used in games.
- Conduct other gambling games such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno.
- Inspect cards to ensure compliance with gaming standards.
- Inspect gaming equipment.
- Receive cash wagers.
- Compute players' winnings and losses.
- Answer questions about game rules and variations.
- Watch for scammers or cheaters and have them removed from table if necessary.
- Notify Pit Supervisor of any irregularities.
- Resolve disputes or arguments by conferring with Pit Supervisor.
- Entice players to sit at table and play.
- Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
- Assist in training new dealers.