Position: LCL Exports Coordinator
- The export coordinator is assigned a number of direct export services for which they manage sailing schedules, inventories, load planning, pre-alerting, costing, and closing of files. The export coordinator's goal is to maximize load factors and voyage profitability while maintaining service integrity and moving freight on time. Export coordinators are expected to follow and maintain SOPs for each of their destinations clarifying the particulars on how each destination prefers to operate.
- Export coordinators will also be assigned a number of domestic terminal to terminal inland services for which they will need to coordinate loading and trucking so that freight moves on time while maximizing cost efficiency.
- Direct Export Services:
- Maintain and update sailing schedules
- Monitor Inventories and update on shared drive daily
- Maximize load factors and file profitability
- Protect service integrity for freight moving through ATL terminal.
- Send out roll notifications to clients and other terminals as needed
- to ensure freight is loaded timely and cost efficiently
- Monitor BPO performance on outsourced functions
- Review P&L for all files to ensure accuracy
- Domestic terminal to terminal inlands:
- Monitor inventories and dispatch trucks at least 24hrs prior to required loading time
- Protect service integrity by ensuring freight reaches loading terminal by cutoff
- Maximize profitability of T&T moves by minimizing costs and negotiating with vendors
- Request late gates as needed and notify billing terminals if late-gate is rejected
- Cost and close files accurately and timely
- Monitor incoming T&Ts and update to received status when arrival is confirmed
- 2 to 3 years of transportation industry experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.