This is a laboratory based sample management position. The candidate will be expected to handle all aspects of sample management and distribution in support of the early bioprocess Vaccine analytical, formulation and process development groups. Primary functions include aliquoting, logging and distribution of samples for both characterization and stability. Additionally, they are expected to track sample analysis completion.
- Log sample information into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Receive samples for testing and ensure sample information accuracy
- Ensure proper sample storage conditions
- Aliquot and label samples with appropriate information
- Distribute samples to colleagues for analysis
- Manage stability study pulls and sample distribution
- Prepare status reports
- Track progress of testing
- Prepare and ship samples for analysis to other Pfizer departments or outside contract organizations
- Work closely and communicate with other colleagues and management to complete daily activities efficiently
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Satisfactorily complete all trainings in conformance with departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline plus 0-2 years of related work experience
- Computer proficiency
- Interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Ability to think critically
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus