Summary: Sell and promote ECU Worldwide Transportation services while maintaining and managing an account base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain working relationships with assigned client base to cultivate business.
- Grow account base in territory by closing new business in all service categories we offer (ie. Exports- LCL/FCL/AIR/Project Cargo. Imports-LCL/FCL/AIR/FTF/Project Cargo)
- Inform and educate our customers on our rates, regulations/procedures regarding all aspects of our business.
- Review accounts to identify problems, proposed changes in pickup, schedules, rates, handling requirements, etc.
- Follow up with customers to discuss and resolve problems.
- Maintain working relationships with agents at destination and other sales colleagues (ie Sales Liaisons) to exchange leads and work as team to close business for the organization.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Work well in a team setting.
- Communicate changes and progress to all parties involved.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance in a professional manner.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- React well under pressure.
- Accept responsibility for own actions.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction.
- Other competencies may be required according to assignments.
Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
2-5 years Sales Experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.